Every woman hates cellulite and they would give anything in the world to learn how to get rid of cellulite. So this article will be devoted to that nasty cellulite forming on women's buttocks and legs.
There are many causes behind the forming of cellulite. The biggest role in this are the hormones, but there are also genetic factors in play and predisposing factors like distribution of subcutaneous fat and circulatory insufficiency.
Either way, we will cover the basics of what is cellulite and will give you short tips on how to get rid of cellulite naturally.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cellulite
What is cellulite?
- Medicians define cellulite as excess fat that goes into pockets between the tissue that connects skin to muscles. Nobody has been able to find out why it happens so far.
Why are women more prone to get cellulite compared to men?
- The answer to this is estrogen. This hormone plays a big role in the formation of cellulite as well as the fact that women have more body fat (Men, if you are reading this, please don't teeze your girls!). However, an even bigger reason for this is that women have different tissue bands that connect muscles and skin. They have thiner and fewer bands that go in vertical patterns as opposed to man's tissue bands that go crisscrossed, which prevents the fat getting squeezed past them.
Well, why skinny women have cellulite too?
- Cellulite is not dependent on the amount of body fat. No matter how skinny the woman is, there is always the possibility of fat sqeezing past the tissue bands that connect the skin and muscles.
Why is it mostly on the buttocks and legs?
- The buttocks and legs are the areas where women store most of the fat.
The Genetic Factor
To older women tend to have more cellulite?
- Cellulite is not dependent on the age. Any woman past puberty is prone to get cellulite, and older women don't necessarily get more cellulite. However, if your skin loses elasticity and you gain fat while losing muscles, you will undoubtedly increase your cellulite.
Is it passed on from mother to daughter?
- Genetics are big factor in getting cellulite. If your mother has passed on her genes in terms of having thiner bands of connecting tissue and how her body stores the fat, then you are likely to inherit the "cellulite formation gene". However, all of that can be prevented if you stay fit, build up muscles and improve your skin elasticity.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally?
Can food help you decrease or increase cellulite?
- A healthy diet can help you without a doubt. If you accumulate less fat by eating low-calorie foods, your body will have less fat to form as cellulite. But, once you get cellulite, food plays a very small role in your quest how to get rid of cellulite naturally.
Does losing weight help?
- Losing weight can reduce fat, true, but it won't help cellulite disappear completely.
It's claimed that CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) supplement can help you reduce cellulite. Is it true?
The CLA supplement has been found to be of very little or no effect. It's just another money-making way of the pharmacies. People have even reported adverse effects from consuming CLA and many of them have developed systematic inflammation, insulin resistance and have experienced a drop in their good cholesterol levels (HDL). This is because the fat-storing cells that the CLA destroys end up in the blood and can circulate up to some vital organs such as liver and heart.
But, there have been new researches where amino acid L-leucine and soy protein diets have been found very effective in the cellulite fight. Such a diet stimulates the burning of fat and helps lean muscless when you try to lose weight. However, there are many processed soy products on the market so be very careful what you buy.
So, what can we really do?
The bottom line is: don't spend your money on magic potions and pharmacy products because nothing works as good as exercise. It's the most effective way in the quest of how to get rid of cellulite. In the process you will improve your overal body health, which is the only "side" effect.
Put together a 30-minute workout and practice it several times a week. I know that you have been reading this article in hopes of finding a magical way of how to get rid of cellulite, and I am sorry to disappoint you and tell you that exercise has been the only effective method so far!